bahua dot com

home | pics | archive | about |

Julia's Visit

I got off work on Friday afternoon, and immediately came home to clean up a bit, to prepare for the tasting party, to be held that evening. To make things interesting, my sister(better pictures here, here, and here.) was flying in on a plane that was delayed, so I managed to convince a friend to hold the door for the scads(three) of partygoers we expected for the tasting.

The tasting, as is elsewhere stated, went very well, and everyone that was there had a very nice time, with diversions from beer drinking, to chess, to putdowns, to jawing on the porch, all the way back to beer drinking. We went to Bulldog for some dinner that night, and enjoyed the lovely weather while walking there and back.

The next morning, Julia and I got up early, went to the Cup and Saucer for some breakfast, and wandered around the farmer's market at City Market for a lot of the morning. We topped off the AM hours with a trip to the Boulevard Brewery tour, on which Julia had never been. We had a very nice time talking with the people sitting around us, and saw some official-looking diagrams for the brewery's in-progress expansion, which will increase their production from about 100,000 barrels a year, up to about 700,000.

We moved on, after that, to the K, where we watched, from sensational seats, the Royals drop a game to Detroit. It's going to be another tough year for Kansas City baseball, I suspect. Nevertheless, we had a great time, and ran into my roommate there. He joined us in our section, and we busied ourselves heckling the Tigers, who steadily improved their lead throughout the game.

After the game, we went to Westport and got some ice cream at Murray's, and stopped by the Velvet Dog for a pint and some bocce before heading back home for a sit-down and some Family Guy.

That evening, we sid good night to ballet-bound Josh, and went over to the Majestic for a pre-dinner drink. The atmosphere was great, and the Unibroue was delicious. We ate a late dinner at Garozzo's in Columbus Park, and it was eye-poppingly delicious. I can't believe I have lived here this long, and never eaten there. We packaged up the remains of our meals(which I finished, this afternoon), and headed back to my place for a comfortable sleep.

We went across the street for mass, this morning, and followed that with a breakfast boxty at O'Dowd's on the plaza. It was a really nice visit.

Now, I am getting some things sorted out tonight, before I depart in the morning for a work conference in San Antonio, all next week. Expect pictures.

7:49 PM, Apr 17, 2005


Gulia brooked no delay in saying:

Okay, come on....i know you have a better picture of me!!

12:56 AM, Apr 24, 2005

bahua blurted:


2:08 PM, Apr 24, 2005

Chime in:



Random Picture:
Kelly and Jill arrived directly, and helped us test out the furniture.
Random Post:
Web Based
subscribe: posts comments
validate: html css
interfere: edit new
@2002-2020, John Kelly